Up Owners Club banner

Replacement bulb longevity

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kg149 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how long the replacement bulbs widely used on here ( osram nightbreakers etc) should be expected to last? I know that brighter drl and headlights have a shorter life than the standard versions but are we talking months or years?

#3 ·
NBP lasted around 1 year before both (both at the same time!) dips blew.It didn't even take the fuse out.

Put standard Osram lamps back in for now and will swap to Philips extreme asap.
I won't buy Osrams again as 1 year is way too short - I use them at night/low light but don't drive with them on in proper daylight.

#5 ·
I got 9 months out of NBP , short I know but I do a big mileage and often in the dark!....got the originals back in (carried them as spares) but new set of NBP going in tomorrow....at £12 a set, 30k miles is fine by me!

#7 ·
My set last year lasted the winter and blew in the summer, so I also put the originals back in.About 3 weeks ago, I put a new set of NBP in, as long as they last through till April/May I will be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.