Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some help.

i damaged the front suspension on our 2015 Move UP! after clipping the rear of anothe vehicle.

the garage are suggesting £2000 for replacement steering rack and full Drivers side suspension (whatever that includes)

looking for guidance on how difficult it would be to complete the work myself and inherent risk of using parts from similar year scrapped vehicle?

if it helps, i own a 1972 VW beetle and have completed suspension removal and renovation, full engine swap and general mechanical repairs on it so i have some reasonable skills.

main thought is how much of a challenge, do i use parts from donor vehicles or go new and do i need any special tools? Also do I need to use any software to reset steering codes or config?

also where can i get a diagram as i have failed to find anything on the web for a stock vehicle?

once complete i will take it to get wheel alignment and MOT before putting it back on the road.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

·
Registered
981 Posts
Front Suspension is very simple. Hardest job will be replacing the steering rack, but only from a space point of view

Reactions: Jim move up
1 - 5 of 5 Posts