Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the front speakers and was wondering what speakers those whom have already upgraded have used??

Choices so far...

INFINITY REFERENCE 6532i 165mm £43

ALPINE SXE-1725S 6.5" 165MM - £43
PIONEER TS 1702I 6.5" 165MM - £57
Edited by: wetflyingmonkey

·
Registered
167 Posts
Anyone knows the size of the speakers in the back seats of the UP? I'm looking at some JBL ones, (JBL GTO 629 165mm 16cm 6.5" 2 way coaxial) for the front. Would like the same for the back. Also would I need an amplifier for these babies? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barry8347 said:
I used Infinity 6532i 165mm £39 of eBay, gave very good results. 
Cheers - did you use adapter rings or just mount to the existing cone like surround (as in the guide)?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GPVG26 said:
Anyone knows the size of the speakers in the back seats of the UP? I'm looking at some JBL ones, (JBL GTO 629 165mm 16cm 6.5" 2 way coaxial) for the front. Would like the same for the back. Also would I need an amplifier for these babies? Thanks guys.
I believe they are the same size as the fronts judging by the guide on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drilled out the existing speaker pods and replaced them with CT25VW01, this is a much neater way of doing it and does not destroy the original speakers. There is a guide on this forum describing there use think it's titled replacing front speakers using proper pods.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I have just placed an order for the adapters and Infinities so cheers Barry8347 thanks for the advice.

I prefer the non-butchered approach.

Is Dynamat really worth it though??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts