Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
My navigon 70 was stolen from my Up! (Yes, I forgot to remove it from the dash!)
My question is: if I was able to purchase another through ebay or the like, is it a simple process to install? I'm not sure if I need to go back through the dealer to have it "programmed" to my car?
Anyone got any advice . I'd be really grateful.
There are a few for private sale, but not sure if it'll be usable without programming?
Cheers!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft, but isn't this precisely the problem with the M&M system: you have to constantly plug it in and remove every time you use the car, which makes it no better than a TomTom. OK, so you get a few bits of unimportant info on the car too, but it's nowhere near as practical as a fully integrated satnav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's a bit inconvenient, but something I'll just have to get used to. I managed to but one privately today and realize that it has some pretty cool features!

·
Registered
851 Posts
When i get my M&M soon, i'll be able to leave it in the car when i get to work because it's a trading estate with no nearby residential housing, but when i get home at night, then i'll have to remove it. I wonder if it will start to get really annoying or whether it will just become one of those things you do without thinking about it - like locking doors.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When i get my M&M soon, i'll be able to leave it in the car when i get to work because it's a trading estate with no nearby residential housing, but when i get home at night, then i'll have to remove it. I wonder if it will start to get really annoying or whether it will just become one of those things you do without thinking about it - like locking doors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its not too bad if you can leave the arm on the car when you park as the nav slots easily onto the arm. However, the arm to dash attachment is a bit more fiddly as it needs to be pressed down on both sides to guarantee a good fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts