Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm a reporter for the Wall Street Journal looking to talk to recent VW up! owners in continental Europe, especially in countries such as Italy, France, Spain. I'm working on a story on the popularity of the car, including its affordability, and would love to talk especially to recent owners who switched from other auto brands. Please contact me or refer my post to anyone you know who fits the bill and would like to discuss!
many thanks and best regards,
Vanessa
[email protected]
<br ="Apple-interchange-newline">

·
Registered
1 Posts
Je suis un reporter pour le Wall Street Journal intéressés à parler avec les récentes VW (up!) propriétaires en Europe continentale. En particulier dans des pays comme l'Italie, la France, l'Espagne. Je travaille sur une histoire sur la popularité de la voiture (et sa abordablete). Je serais intéressés à parler avec des propriétaires de VW UP! qui ont changé à partir d'autres marques d'automobiles. S'il vous plaît me contacter si vous voudrais discuter!

Merci beaucoup

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If it feels odd it probably is!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Seems legit to me...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304373804577520930784840596.htmlEdited by: Supermegamonkee

·
Registered
265 Posts
AlanG said:
I can't explain why but this feels dodgy. Is everyone else comfortable with this posting? Is it just me?

I also think its seems odd, but I'm naturally suspicious of most things on the internet

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well even if she is trafficking stolen Ups I guess as long as you give her no means to trace you and find out where you live then I guess you and your car should be safe.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I find this funny, even as a soon to be UP! owner. Who would ever try to traffic a VW UP! - isn't it much better to steal a CLS55AMG or something? That's worth 15-20 times more, at least here in Norway. Please forgive my ignorance if micro cars arein fact popular to traffic. I don't know much about this market

I think it's legit, but Ididn'tswitchfrom another brand. I switched from a VW Caravelle T5 van.
Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for airing your concerns. There is nothing dodgy or suspicious about my message, though. Like many journalists, I try to bring to life stories I write about company business strategies or successful products with the surest proof of that--the customers who choose them. Naturally, online forums are one good way to find people to talk to (and perhaps preferable to stalking them at dealerships :)) That's why I posted my email address and all of my information is available on my profile.
I am still eager to speak to recent up! owners who've moved from other brands, particularly in western Europe. Thanks for reading this!
Vanessa Fuhrmans
[email protected]

·
Registered
265 Posts
vfuhrmans said:
Thank you for airing your concerns. There is nothing dodgy or suspicious about my message, though. Like many journalists, I try to bring to life stories I write about company business strategies or successful products with the surest proof of that--the customers who choose them. Naturally, online forums are one good way to find people to talk to (and perhaps preferable to stalking them at dealerships :)) That's why I posted my email address and all of my information is available on my profile.
I am still eager to speak to recent up! owners who've moved from other brands, particularly in western Europe. Thanks for reading this!
Vanessa Fuhrmans
[email protected]
Fair enough. Good luck with your article! Hope you get some good stories

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just seems funny collecting info on a car the is not available in the states and why only want responses from mainland Europe

·
Registered
315 Posts
Western Europe is the area stated and as long as I have lived in the UK it has been part of Western Europe.

I see nothing wrong in passing on information. No one has asked for your bank details and although I know scammers come in all guises at least you can check up on this before you connect.

·
Registered
315 Posts
vfuhrmans. There is a post in the Idle Chit Chat forum about comparisons with other cars. I think it comes under the title 500 v Up!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nothing dodgy about this folks, you can google the good lady's name and see what she is about, I spoke to her yesterday having seen that her area of interest is the German motor industry. The article she is researching is on VW's strategy in a difficult economic environment and the factors that have led many of us on the forum (particularly in recession-hit countries) to buy an up! All interesting stuff and I'd very much like to see the article once it hits the press. She didn't ask for the number of my house, my bank account number or my inside leg measurement! Why not contact her and give her a hand?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts