Up Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rossco
Pull the light switch out plug in the new one and push all the wires through the hole refit the plug.
Remove fuse cover on side of dash next to air vent put your hand in and pull the sensor wire through then run the sensor wire up the A pillar trim and door rubber seal .
Took the wire across the top of the A pillar trim and roof lining Job Done 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just fitted this to my GTi - took 10 mins and is brilliant. I have also positioned the sensor at the top of the A pillar where it meets to roof. I read a tip elsewhere (can't remember where) - turn the switch to "0", push it in and turn clockwise and it retracts the pins that locate it in the dash.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
need it so my kids don't leave the lights on and run the battery down !
Hold on... Do Up!/Citigo models behave differently for the light switch action?

On my humble Citigo, if I leave the headlight switch fully on, then when I kill the igintion, the lights go out. It is impossible to drain the battery that way. If however, I leave the switch in the sidelights position (which is never, as I have the standard LED DRL's), then yes, the parking lights come on, and these will drain the battery at some point, but I do get an audible warning on leaving the car....

Point is, do these cars vary?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
But clearly, some other owners have models that let you drain the battery....

I generally don't like auto-lights - I have had several other cars with that feature - the problem being with them going on and off unexpectedly, and then me getting flashed by other drivers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
On my 2016 Up! if I turn the ignition off with the switch on headlights, only the headlights go off, the sidelights and number plate light stay on. So if I left the switch in either sidelight or headlight position the sidelights would stay on and would drain the battery.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Clearly they do vary then!
I rely on mine killing the lights (only if in the 'headlamps position' on the switch) - if I nip to the supermarket in the dark (not to get wine or beer or anything like that, haha!), even though the cark park is brightly lit, I know the lights will come on as I start the car. Auto-lights that work for me, if you will!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts