Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered the high up and will be receiving it, hopefully, within the next week or two. Although I ordered a few packs for my car I didn't order the sensor pack which now I wish I did.

Is there any way of being able to fit the sensor pack once I have the car?

Thanks
Jonny

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a move up and as I don't have m&m, I kind of wish I had the sensor pack too. So this thread is also of interest to me.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You can buy it as a accessory for £300 check out vw webby accessories department

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think the £300 is just for the parking sensors alone as an after market fit and with not cruise control and trip computer, it's something I also regret not adding but I didn't know it was available at time of purchase I was only told about maps and more which I didn't want. The trip computer on our Golf is very accurate in terms of mpg etc and would of being useful on the up. I believe the maps and more gives an exaggerated figure of mpg and some have had glitches.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O you mean retro fitting all the sensor pack, cruise control and the trip comp? O eck that's way past me I'm out lolEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
532 Posts
Commiserations, I'm afraid dealers don't seem to go through the options. I am sad, I end up knowing more about cars than the salesmen/boys.

I always remember that they are there to make money, not spend time with customers.

I have decided never to buy a car from one of our local dealers. The last time I bought a second hand car they tried to short change me on a deal. A subsequent visit I was ignored when I said I wouldn't buy a car on any particular day. Just mad world. That useless sales person lost them at least one car and possibly two.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ducatikid said:
Commiserations, I'm afraid dealers don't seem to go through the options. I am sad, I end up knowing more about cars than the salesmen/boys.

I always remember that they are there to make money, not spend time with customers.

I have decided never tobuy a car from one of our local dealers. The last time I bought a second hand car they tried to short change me on a deal. A subsequent visit I was ignored when I said I wouldn't buy a car on any particular day. Just mad world.
I felt I knew more about the up! Than my dealer, I had done my homework on it for a good month before calling there. I was telling my dealer some stuff and I think it got to a point where he was getting embaressed because I asked him he said he didn't know then I said it was right haha

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think some dealers don't even know what a car is!

Salesman: I would not worry about wheels, bit of an expensive option I have one in stock without wheels that I can do a cracking deal on.

Customer: Don't I need wheels?

Salesman: Wheels are nice, but not really worth the extra you pay, not like Supagard which will give you an extra £150 come trade in.

Customer: I thought all cars came with wheels?

Salesman: Naaa, wheels are not what customers want anymore. It makes the car cheaper to buy without them and moredesirable, at least you get an engine lol

Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
705 Posts
I can offer you some nice bricks to go with the wheel-delete option sir has chosen - clay or breeze block?

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
One member ? rasmus? did retrofit the stalks for trip/cruise.....not sure how it all turned out...I think a danish member also tried......have an intra-forum search for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts