Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm a newbie from Australia and I'm hoping you can help me! Positive or negative, it all helps.

So I've just ordered the equivalent of the UK Move up! and it is due to me in mid October. I did want to order the equivalent of the High up! but I was told the wait would be 4 to 5 months. I sold my car a few months ago and got my motorcycle license.. all was going well until I had an accident, and now I'm too scared to get back on the road (in that form). So I'm getting desperate for a car and 5 months feels like an eternity!

My main 'issue' is that I really would like the fog lights (and wheels without hub caps). Is it possible to retrofit the lights? My fiance (Golf GTI driver who got me loving VW) thought that there might be some pop out sections, as there have been in our previous cars (though we are talking Toyota, Nissan and the like). Is this the case?

If not.. I'll be considering just placing my special order and waiting. I'm also missing out on a few other features I was keen on.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi, front fog lights are petty easy to retrofit.You need to buy the fog lights, some wiring and change the standard light switch on the panel.

·
Registered
467 Posts
no need to replace the bumper, just drill two holes in the plastic - same as for retrofitting parking sensors.

·
Registered
386 Posts
b82ry said:
no need to replace the bumper, just drill two holes in the plastic - same as for retrofitting parking sensors.

Not so sure about that but the middle part of the bumper is avaolable and you can shoose with or without the chrome surroundings (like on the Black & White Up). Not too expensive but it still needs to be painted though.

It's been done before

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.So no pop out sections - no worries. We can handle that plus wiring easy enough.

Can anyone recommend websites for fog light kits? We haven't been able to find any, and because we're looking at foreign sites we don't know who are reputable dealers. I should also mention that parts, especially parts from a dealer, are not available here (from my research) yet. We might see something in 2013.. with any luck.

Pretty jealous of all the different model variations you get over there!

Edited by: Csosborne88

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do you get a lot of fog where you are in Australia?

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
intrigued.....whats a drop bear? a falling Koala ?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Koalas are the worlds largest reservoir of gonnhorea.......I'd avoid them.

(True)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts