1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Guide added on page 3!
- Updated with part numbers

Hello!

Well, i bought my up! without Maps+more because it was only available as a part of a larger accessory package. But now I've come to see that you can buy it as an accessory for the Seat Mii (and Skoda Citigo).

The problem is that my dash isn't prepared for Maps+more (the dash is solid, no "hole" for Maps+more). Is there anything you can do then?

Thanks in advance
Rasmus

Edited by: RasmusTJ

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hiya, wouldn't think so apparently VW are being a bit - if you didn't order it originally we won't supply any wiring to do it post purchase so the port won't be there even if you remove the section of the dash where the port should be :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
You would need to check in your Country as each Country and Brand specifies differently, however I suspect that the answer is no.

Seat has a specification that says 'wired for Infotainement' - it would have been better if that was standard spec in all of the cars !!

At least in the UK Maps and More is just a single Item, however it doesn't include a case (unlike France).
Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers - although they aren't all that uplifting.

ZumbaQueen - can you confirm that even the wiring isn't installed? :/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so I used a hour of the afternoon to do some investigation!

So here's how an up! without Maps+More looks:

I used Stainless' great DIY guide (http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/diy-sound-upgrade-to-take-up_topic438.html)

Here's how the locks of radio look like:

The same sticker as Stainless posted, but notice the PID (Maps+More) socket:

And here on the rear of the radio:

There is a socket for the wiring placed in the multi-connector:

Another shot of the multi-connector which is lockable:

Another proof that Maps+More can be retrofitted:

Finally I acquired access to ETKA, and got som part numbers for the upgrade :)

Thanks to Stainless and b82ry for guidence :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
starting to look a bit more hopeful for folk......great work rasmus

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZumbaQueen: No sweat

Today I've ordered a cover plate from the local VW shop. During the weekend I will cut a hole in the dash and mount the cover plate - hopefully with success

I don't know when i will be able to buy the navigation and wiring as I am a student with low income, so I have to start off with the preparations for it

Also, when I was at the dealer, I could see that the new batch of up!'s come with cover plate from the factory - just like the Mii and Citigo.

I'm out - will report back later on the week.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so picked up the cover plate today and will start creating a template to cut after.

Also, the fantastic forum member b82ry messaged me these great photos from his friends installation:

That's all from now
Rasmus

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So while watching Germany play against (/beat) Greece i drew a template i Autodesk
Inventor and had my girlfriend cut it out. Here's a picture of the cover
plate fitted in the paper:

·
Registered
212 Posts
It might be worth noting before you start cutting that the cover sits higher than the hole it covers i.e. you need to cut a hole smaller than the cover plate.

Sorry if this is blatantly obvious from the pictures b82ry sent you (his picture 2) but we wouldn't want you cutting into your dash and having an 'oh f***' moment. I'd guess the dash costs a bit more than the cover plate!

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for your concern - cutting the hole in the dash to large would be absolutely DEVISTATING!

But I have taken it into account, and have done some measuring at the VW dealer as well, so hopefully I'm good

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so I got a good price from a German supplier of OEM spares, and have just paid for the parts for installing Maps+More.

Hope they'll arrive during next week - I can't wait!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
448 ‚¬ without shipping costs (11 ‚¬ for Denmark) at www.teile-profis.de

I would be super happy if someone with Maps+More would take measurements of the hole in the dash for me, just to be sure I've made the right calculations

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what I hear from b82ry it shouldn't be any problem. But I am curious to see for myself exactly how it is connected, as he has not been able to give me a clear answer.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts