Up Owners Club banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cover your dashboard. It is messy when you cut. Make an outline of where the arm will sit and once you have the outline go easy. I watch the garage doing it.

There are photos of this in the gallery. That how mine was done. Following along.

All the best. Once done man it is great.
How do you upload photos on this. I'll post mine

·
Registered
5 Posts
All done. Like others have said the most nerve wracking part is cutting whole in dashboard but thanks to the posts on here all is working. Great piece of kit. Really pleased with it and did it at £400-£600 less than the VW dealer was going to charge me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes you need to purchase the maps and more unit, wiring harness, bracket and an optional cover plate.. then simply cut an outline around the arm of the satnav on the dash with a dremel cutting tool :) simples

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey from Germany,
due to the Quality of German Up! Forums I found this Forum here and got very excied. I also plan to Reto fit the Maps and More Navigation.
So far, everthing sounds fine for me how to install it, but my only question is based on the communication between Navigation and the Radio. So I guess, during Navigation, the voice will come from the car-speakers, right? The issue here is, I removed the OEM-Radio RCD215 and replaced it by a Blaupunkt after marked CD-Radio. Could this influence the functionality of the maps and more device?

Thanx,
erbu

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the 100th time, yes it does

No RCD 215 = no maps and more

No charging
No data from the tripcomputer
No sound from the speakers if you use it as a carkit or mediaplayer

you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that when a cable from your original radio is not connected to the maps and more dock that it won't work at allEdited by: Arnout84

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys I need some help I have a Volkswagen up move up 2013 plate just purchased from dealer in Glasgow. I need Bluetooth so thought I love to get the maps & more lots of them secondhand available now. The only issue is being totally left handed I am looking for someone to take care of this for me. After lots of calls email talking to lots of installers I have found nobody who would do a retrofit. I thought I would post it here to see if I can find someone here who would be able to do this preferably professional and with experience..

Thanks so much,

Rocco

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,I can confirm that the retrofit of the MAPAS&MORE, or I should say NAVIGON VW V2 PID (with Garmin brand), is possibile in every car from a group UP!/Citigo/MII as long as it have RDC215 radio installed and radio have communication with the car (SAFE code is loaded from the car).

I have VW UP! with only cool&sound, even without RPM meter, and the navi is working fine.

Since I didn't like the factory NAVI i unlocked the device to run AutoMapa navigation system.
It should work also with other WindowsCE navigation software.
https://youtu.be/X0yGM5cZOhA
Best regards,
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have the unit installed now, there are some changes I will update this Thread. One issue I have is the the cover plate does not fit even when I look at it I can see that it will not fit. Does anybody have some good pictures for me, it almost seems like I need a different partEdited by: Pietje

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all
I own a 2017 Mii without navy and NO hole in dashboard. Before I start the procedure I would like to ask this: where to buy harness? Would I get full functionality with my radio (default Miifit)? Does the fact that it is a 2017 model cause any problems?
Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suspect you're right, which is why there is no longer a hole in the dashboard.If this is the case, what I need is some bluetooth connection device and a smartphone cradle.
I haven't been able to find those parts anywhere though.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts