Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought this from a VW TSI Up 2018 for my car (2019 High Up) as I would like to add cruise control to it.
I fitted it the other day and checked on VCDS to see if it was recognised but it was not.
Does anyone know if I am missing anything and how to retrofit cruise control?
Attached some pictures of the part below with a picture of the part number.

Cheers,
Reece

·
Registered
97 Posts
You need a wiring loom in addition to what you've got. Lots of threads on the subject if you use the search facility on the forum but all you need to know here:

Take note of my posts on the last page. Nightmare job best left to the pros in my view.

Good luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have mine booked in for a pro install, as well as the switch gear and the loom, I think you need the higher spec ECU, and maybe a software patch/ VW -VCDS install to pair it all up. Basically you're asking a black box to hold the throttle open, with only a electrical signal from a sensor (brake or clutch) to shut it down. DIY install, what could possible go wrong 😲🤦‍♂️ (just saying, please be careful)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a wiring loom in addition to what you've got. Lots of threads on the subject if you use the search facility on the forum but all you need to know here:

Take note of my posts on the last page. Nightmare job best left to the pros in my view.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info! I'll have a read through when I get a chance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mine booked in for a pro install, as well as the switch gear and the loom, I think you need the higher spec ECU, and maybe a software patch/ VW -VCDS install to pair it all up. Basically you're asking a black box to hold the throttle open, with only a electrical signal from a sensor (brake or clutch) to shut it down. DIY install, what could possible go wrong 😲🤦‍♂️ (just saying, please be careful)
How much is the pro install? I hadn't thought about the possible things that could go wrong so thankyou for the heads up haha. I have the VCDS but as you said, it might be better left for the pros

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pro installs start around £400 (I'll have a go!) up to £500, (VW agent/ approved installer, VAG OEM parts), inc VAT, parts & Labour, pays your money, take your chances..........Also need to consider insurance, if it goes wrong, who fitted it etc etc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like it might be too much for me to do on my own so I think I will sell my indicator stalks if anyone shows interested haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a minimum you’ll need vcds to set it up and that will tell you if you have the correct modules. If you do you may not need to rewire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
As a minimum you’ll need vcds to set it up and that will tell you if you have the correct modules. If you do you may not need to rewire

please don´t answer wenn guessing there is one very good tread here that covers it 100% , they all need the wires.
and again it´s only the bcm that may need changing, if it end´s on 86 it will not work(87,88,89,90 all work) 90 is in the start/stop cars, ecu always works

regards
Sören

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please don´t answer wenn guessing there is one very good tread here that covers it 100% , they all need the wires.
and again it´s only the bcm that may need changing, if it end´s on 86 it will not work(87,88,89,90 all work) 90 is in the start/stop cars, ecu always works

regards
Sören
Hiya, my car has stop start so it should be okay for retrofitting with the harness?

·
Registered
38 Posts

regards
Sören
No guessing involved from me @RIX the other thread is great and worked when installing mine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
when you say you may not need rewire then your guissing, they all need wires

regards
Sören

1 - 12 of 12 Posts