Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased my up in september 2013 and immediately, before i had even driven off the dealers forecourt my dad noticed whenever you rev the car it 'pauses' at about 2000 revs and then acts normal... you notice it especially when you pull away in 1st and change in to second....

does anyone understand what i mean and has anyone else had this 'problem' (if it is a problem?)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I tried to look this morning but I normally change into 2nd at about 1500, I might get to 2000 if it's a hill or turning into a junction but I don't drive hard enough to pass 2000 in 1st. Next time I'm late for something I'll look

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is it to do with auto hold?? if you simply rev the engine in neutral it 'slows' at around 2000rpm and then acts as if nothing happened and then continues past 2000 revs.. ill post video to show what i mean

·
Registered
325 Posts
That does seem odd. The one I test-drove didn't do that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Never seen or heard of that before with any car. It will be a struggle getting a garage interested as well, because it's not cutting out and lasts for probably less than a second. You may have to sell up if it bugs you. Use it as an excuse to get the car and spec you really want!Edited by: AlanG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts