Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had difficulty in selecting reverse gear?
My Citigo 75PS Greentech (Blue Motion Tech running gear) manual gearshift occasionally baulks going into reverse (and very occasionally first). Our Skoda dealership searched the factory/manufacturer remedies database for any record of this being a recognised fault but couldn't find it being mentioned. If it baulks, it will go smoothly into reverse after first selecting another gear.
I'm interested to hear if any of you good people have had a similar problem and whether there are any known solutions.
Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
I remember lots of posts on the forward gear shift throws being hard to select in the second half of 2012, but i haven't heard anyone discuss it for about a year now. Is your car new or pre-owned?

·
Registered
296 Posts
How long are you keeping clutch pressed before trying to engage the gear? Many many years ago my MG midget could give this kind of problem if you left it too long before pressing the clutch and trying to engage the gear.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Most of the time my 'box is very sweet, but a couple of times a week I have problems selecting reverse and/or first. I have to declutch and start over.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Occasionally get this in my 62 plate Move Up! Normally happens when parked and when trying to select reverse, I need to knock it into neutral and declutch before I can select reverse.
Never had it on forward gears or when in motion.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Same here, occasionally difficult to select reverse and first without playing with the clutch. I suppose making a reliable gearbox is still not entirely science, as they would like us to believe, but partially art/guessing...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had it twice with 1st but never reverse. I only picked up the car on Friday so it may just be the fact the gearbox is shiny and new still and not quite smoothed off all of the edges yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts