Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a reversing camera and parking sensors in my 2019 Beats. I was thinking of using the in-badge camera they use in the Golf, but does anyone know if the badge of the Beats Up! has a circular hole behind it in the glass hatch or is it just stuck on. If so, might have to go for reg plate camera or mount it next to the top stop light on the hatch.https://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3951&stc=1&d=1571934076

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know about the costs of it but there would always be the option of simply replacing the rear bumper with one from a model with them. Mine has sensors and camera built in. The cam is just above the centre of the rear licence plate and of course the 3 sensors are left centre & right below that. I bet the wiring loom has provision for them already there. And it might even be possible to get one from a scrappy quite cheaply.
They work very well and the cam is inside a sort of little ball shape so it takes a lot of road muck to stop it being useful. Having said all that I still mostly reverse by looking out backwards

- they are some use when centering in a parking bay but I much prefer eyeball method. (Maybe its just me).

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts