Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll have owned the Move up for 4 weeks now and apart from one small problem it's great. It's the problem I'm asking for any information about before it goes in on Monday hopefully for a fix. The car was fitted with reversing sensors as a factory option however when it rains they just decide not to work i assume because water is getting into the uncovered electrics in the rear wheel arches. I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem and what if anything there dealer had done to fix it. Also what range does anyone get out of there sensors these don't appear to sound until around 2 metres or less from the obstacle. still like the car though many thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's obviously a problem with them as they should work when it rains. I have them and mine work fine whatever the weather. They don't start until about 2 metres though. I don't know why you want them to beep any earlier as they are there to warn you when you get close to an obstacle!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Late Saturday night I was reversing into a parking bay. The sensor started to bleep slowly (as it does) so thinking I had about 2 metres to go was I surprised when it went from slow to continuous almost immediately. At the same time I struck a rock (as part of a rockery). The bar behind the bumper is bent I am told and so it will require new bar and bumper I believe. Will find out tomorrow but it is clear that the sensors did not pick the rock up until they were almost directly above it. So beware.

·
Registered
467 Posts
There's some problem, because the have to work fine in all weather conditions, except when rear bumper is covered with snow!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those that replied appears was due to just the very heavy thunder storm it went through no fault codes when tested at garage today. Has dried out and been through rain since and works fine at moment see what the winter brings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update the sensors continued to get worse working less and less. This morning it finally showed a fault code that the dealer could work with and appears that due to rain water a connector and wiring had become corroded. The problem area are the wires and connector under the rear nearside wheel arch. info in case anyone gets a similar problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed on Tuesday broke on Saturday not bad. Anyone considering reversing sensors on a new car or retro fitting don't take my word for it have a look on the Internet re faults for vw/skoda/Audi before making your decision. The garage have tried to be fair but this doesn't look like it will be sorted anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems with reversing sensors. As always a couple of reported issues does not necessarily indicate a generic fault. Two years and 20,000 miles with no problems with reversing sensors.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know this isn't relevant to your problem...but I've always thought that if there is one car model that doesn't require reversing sensors, it's this one!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It does if your other cars has them and you are used to listening for the audible warning. Also they come with cruise control and on board computer.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
I've never had a car with reverse sensors before and I find them a huge help, especially backing into multi-story car parks where often there is a barrier behind you at a low level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts