Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks. If I change gear at 4500/5000 rpm I find the revs do not diminish that much when I lift the throttle. I'm guessing this is a product of " fly by wire " technology ...and as I can only drive like this when the wife is not in the car...Well, not had much chance to experiment.

Any thoughts out there?

Go well.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah it's something I have got used to. It's the only car I have ever driven that has done it. It's not too bad if you change up a gear towards the red line where all the peak power is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will try that when I can and see how it feels. Being of the older generation....taking an engine to it's Max is an alien concept to me...Because they would just go Bang..big time... in my day!

Engineering has vastly improved I know. I must have more faith, but my little Up is so good as is, I am a happy bunny!

Go well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've noticed in my Citigo, when shifting up normally - either when it "feels" right or whenever the shift change indicator changes - that I need to hold the clutch in for a few seconds for the engine to slow down enough to match the speed of the next gear, otherwise the rev counter jumps down a little bit.

I could do this in my old model Swift so I've assumed that it was just me doing something wrong. I've always had a concern that this could affect the lifespan of the clutch/gearbox (I'm not a petrol head so I'm not sure which).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts