Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
There will not be a lot of choice for a small car then. What is still in production? The Fiat Panda and 500. Kia Piccanto, Hyundai i10. Toyota Aygo.
We will have to buy the larger size instead. Polo, Corsa, Mini, Fiesta.
Hyundai has updated the i10 with the N model and Fiat has updated the 500 so at least some firms are happy to sell small cars.
I think i will be keeping my UP GTI for a long time.
I know there's an i20N coming but I wasn't aware they were doing an i10N as well. It would be great if they were.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes the i10 N is out. I think they tried to copy the UP GTI,but the car is a lot slower.It does have all the toys though. I spotted a Jimny in Blackpool. 20 reg.It looked good in Yellow,

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's an N-Line model rather than a proper N variant. N-Line is just a trim level, the same as VW's R-Line or Mercedes' AMG-Line.

There's a full-fat i20N on the way to sit alongside the i30N but I haven't heard anything about an i10N:
i20N
Ah, sorry. I stand corrected. It’s an r-line type thing they’ve got going on there.

Now I understand the difference I can’t find anything on the web about a pure N version.

Reactions: BillTheButcher

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes the i10 N is out. I think they tried to copy the UP GTI,but the car is a lot slower.It does have all the toys though. I spotted a Jimny in Blackpool. 20 reg.It looked good in Yellow,
As mentioned above, there is no i10N (at least, not yet). The N-Line is just a trim level for the standard i10.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There was a what looked like an I20N unmarked police car stopping people on the M6 last week. Around Carlisle iirc.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There was a what looked like an I20N unmarked police car stopping people on the M6 last week. Around Carlisle iirc.
Stealth... I bet no one expected that... expect the unexpected and drive an up! GTi, fun within more sensible acceptable limits.

Reactions: freemansteve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes though still likely a rare-ish car overall once that evens out. Wonder how many ended up coming into the UK? 4000?
While just over 2800 little GTI chariots were registered in the UK at the end of quarter 1 this year, I wonder what that'll increase to by the end of the year?

Reactions: The_ASH

·
Registered
207 Posts
Reactions: Vroom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Beat you to it at the top of this page.

‘How many left’ is useful isn’t it.
You certainly did. And I wasn't quick enough to edit my former post before you noticed too 🤣. But totally agree How Many Left? is very useful.

Reactions: The_ASH

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
GTI no longer available to order on the VW configurator.

RIP the VW UP GTI.

We shall never see your like again.
I am also sad to hear this news.

There are other models with the 115BHP 1.0L TSI engine. Is this exactly the same engine in the VW UP GTI???

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes it is, although some VW vehicles have the lower output 95ps version

l test drove a T-Roc 1.0 115ps and it was great fun to drive, obviously not quite as fast as the Up GTi as it's a larger car but it was very good.
Reviews say it's the best engine for the T-Roc unless you want the R version at nearly twice the price.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Yes it is, although some VW vehicles have the lower output 95ps version

l test drove a T-Roc 1.0 115ps and it was great fun to drive, obviously not quite as fast as the Up GTi as it's a larger car but it was very good.
Reviews say it's the best engine for the T-Roc unless you want the R version at nearly twice the price.
Thanks Lightening.
The reason for desiring clarification on that issue is that UP GTI owners will have the option in the future of replacing any worn out knackered engines with a band new one!

I would never not want to have an UP GTI :)

Michael

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am also sad to hear this news.

There are other models with the 115BHP 1.0L TSI engine. Is this exactly the same engine in the VW UP GTI???
Yeah. Pretty sure it is the EA211 engine. Also comes in the Golf, Polo, Skoda Fabia, and a few more excluding up!/mii/citigo

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
l don't think there will ever be an issue getting parts, or even a replacement engine in the unlikely event you'd need one.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts