Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really excited for Monday. Had a call from VW Wrexham; car has arrived and arranged for collection on Monday!!
They gave me the car details and VW's number for a week's free car insurance - anyone else got this?
Looking forward to getting him and showing him off.
Hope my iPhone sounds good using the Maps & More via Bluetooth

·
Registered
35 Posts
Danielkg said:
!
They gave me the car details and VW's number for a week's free car insurance - anyone else got this?
We used the free 7 day VW insurance prior to our normal VW insurance kicking in as at the time we weren't sure of the exact collection date, the only thing i noticed was that the excess was something like £500.00 for the 7 day cover (our normal policy was £100.00 excess)

Edited by: DavidEw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Polo is a she - but my UP! is a boy this time...though still need a good name

Just called VW and got the cover for the week. Gives me time to sort out swapping existing cover

Anyone got iPhone experience with the Maps & More?

·
Registered
51 Posts
DavidEw said:
Danielkg said:
!
We used the free 7 day VW insurance prior to our normal VW insurance kicking in as at the time we weren't sure of the exact collection date, the only thing i noticed was that the excess was something like £500.00 for the 7 day cover (our normal policy was £100.00 excess)

Is that it?!

haha but I guess being a 19 year old male driver, I think anything under a £1000 excess is pretty reasonable ;)

EDIT: On a side note; does anyone know if you have to be over 21 in order to take advantage of the weeks free insurance?

Edited by: Vdoug

·
Registered
51 Posts
awesome!!
Will definatly be taking advantage of that! Don't like dealing with insurance companies at the best of times!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes enjoy your up! post some pictures of it once you have some fun with it!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S linked to my Maps and More, its great quality streaming my music, only annoying thing is it wont display my texts (think its an Apple thing) and sometimes wont connect automatically!

Apart from that its great

You'll love your new car :) and make sure you send us lots and lots of pics :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Craig, I don't think it's an Apple thing.My Nokia Lumia 800 doesn't show texts either. It just pops up and says I've got a phonecall from an unknown number. Then it just goes away again when I try to pick up.The phone connection works beautifully though. Once I was on the phone moving into the car - I plugged in the M&M mid-conversation and it seemlessly just picked up the convo right away so I could start driving safely :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ace. Glad my iPhone is going to work

Yes I shall be taking lots of pictures and posting them on here
Was hoping for Denim look seats and cream dash; but should have had to wait. Dealer found one in the UK so not a long wait but black interior with M&M but I'd rather that than the wait. The black is probably a lot nicer compared to what the cream would have been!?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts