Up Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to have the roof and bonnet wrapped in matt black next week (£175). Had planned to do just the roof as thought it would look good on my White Up with the black alloys. Then, when cleaning it noticed a stone chip on the bonnet - and only done 300 miles. So decided to get the bonnet wrapped as well and If no likey can always peel off.

Will post some pics when done.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O no! I don't know if I want to look! I'm afraid of becoming very jealous and having to do mine!!

Only joking I can't wait for the pics!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
Decided to have the roof and bonnet wrapped in matt black next week (£175). Had planned to do just the roof as thought it would look good on my White Up with the black alloys. Then, when cleaning it noticed a stone chip on the bonnet - and only done 300 miles. So decided to get the bonnet wrapped as well and If no likey can always peel off.

Will post some pics when done.

In those 300 miles have you done any motorway driving?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No motorway miles, just around town and the odd 24 mile return journey to Milton Keynes. Luckily the "chip" was on the front lip of the bonnet and not on the top surface so not really that visible.

Touched it up straight away.

I think the modern soft water based paints they now use is to blame in part.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That sucks :/ I was planning on taping my front end but only for motorway journeys really, might look into a bonnet bra!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Doesnt the bonnet bra collect grit and other crappy bits? I was going to have something done that cost £300 but while I'm typing this I can't for the life of me rememebr what it is called haha grrr what it is, its 3m vinyl but see theough and it goes all over the bumper, bonnet, lights and the front wings and you can get a rear kit. I didnt have it done because when I booked in for tints with the same company (quite a drive away from me) I turned up and the buggers where shut because he forgot to put it in the diary when I rang to book it in, and this kit tales a week from order so even if someone turned up to do my work they wouldnt of had this kit cause they didnt order it haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
Only if you let it collect dirt! Lol

The tape I will be using for motor ways and stuff is called "detailing tape" it's blue, you might have seen it if your lucky enough to have show cars driving about in your area

Yeah sounds good but nothing that is said to be see through is going to be see through :/ it would be an eye sore if you ask me

Where as tape, you put it on when you need it, peel it off when your done or washing your car, it doesn't leave a sticky residue or anything

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
VENTURE SHIELD!! Thats the stuff haha it is truley brilliant according to the websites lol I have a couple of rolls of this blue tape, I use it when detailing on my trims etc

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Completed job -

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ooo I've been excited to see the results! I was going to ask when are you having it done

Wow I like it!!Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Just curious are you tempted to have all the car wrapped?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the wrapped roof, but don't like the bonnet. Nice car though!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Itzben said:
Just curious are you tempted to have all the car wrapped?

No - I think that would be too much. However, a matt black wrap on the GT would look proper.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
error

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ivo NL said:
I like the wrapped roof, but don't like the bonnet. Nice car though!

Each to their own!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
At first it does look strange but I really like it! Its different, people do there bonnet or there roof but to do both is good

·
Registered
448 Posts
Some people will like it and some won't. It matters not a Jot! It is your car and you must make it how YOU want it. We are all Human Beings and if we all thought the same......how boring would that be!
Go well.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Night Owl said:
Some people will like it and some won't. It matters not a Jot! It is your car and you must make it how YOU want it. We are all Human Beings and if we all thought the same......how boring would that be!
Go well.
Thanks Night Owl - my sentiments exactly.

I can never understand how some owners on these forums have to express their dislike of something someone has done to their car. If you don't like something then keep it to yourself - period!

We all like praise but the opposite really "p*sses me off".

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.