Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After having a really good test drive of the Up! last Sunday, I ordered an Up! White with the panoramic sunroof. I'd said to the sales guy quite a few times that one of the key requirements for me would be being able to fit roof bars to the car so I can carry a bike on the roof. I've just recently read a couple of things online about other cars with panoramic sunroofs that can't take roof bars. Does anybody know whether I will still be able to fit roof bars to the Up! with a panoramic sunroof?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have wondered this myself and at present I am waiting for an email back from Volkswagen Germany to confirm this.
Will let you know my findngs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

Im obly new hear. Got my new up! last friday absolutely love it. Great car!!

My car does not have the panoramic sunroof just a normal roof. has anyone any suggestions where i can get roof bars?? ive looked around the net to no avail.

I am in Ireland too so id need a company that would ship over to me!!

Hipe someone can help, looking forward to an answer!!

Chief

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies, have just been in contact with my dealer who will get back to me. There doesnt seem to be.one available yet tho but they will confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
there are roof bars in the vw brouchure, so you will definatly be able to get them thru your dealer, they might just have to order them which might take a while

·
Registered
811 Posts
On a related topic, does anyone know if the VW bike carrier shown in the accessories brochure will carry two bikes?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Allybasher said:
On a related topic, does anyone know if the VW bike carrier shown in the accessories brochure will carry two bikes? 
Each bike carrier carries one bike, but the bars should be capable of mounting 4 carriers I think.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
alex_w said:
Can you open the sun roof with the bars on?

Yep.
But I have the original VW roof rack for the up! - don't know if this applies to all roof racks.
And it makes it easy to keep an eye on whatever you have on the roof.

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a panoramic sunroof on my other car (not the Mii), and use roof bars from time to time to carry a roof box and/or bike rack. One thing I do notice is that, with the roof bars fitted, there is an unpleasant amount of wind noise - something that wasn't noticeable on the previous car which didn't have a panoramic sunroof. Not sure if that is the case with the Up but worth checking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts