Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

After a lot of nagging to the wife I have finally bought a bike haha I have told her I am interested in getting some roof bars and a bike rack and possibly get her a bike and then we can go on trips and then ride. Now if I install roof bars do they have to stay on there all the time or can I take them off when not in use? From another post on here someone mentioned roofbox.co.uk so I guess I'll buy off them instead of paying vw full price, unless anyone suggests I get one from vw?

Many thanks fellow uppers!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I use the VW ones, and they're spot on, look great too.
Easy on and off, bike rack is very handy and secure too. Bit on the pricey side I guess, but certainly good quality. Don't pay for VW fitting tho, it's easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! So they easily come off?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got mine from roofbox.co.uk and they were very helpful. I bought Atera steel bars and Atera Giro AF bike carrier. If I could do it again I think I'd buy the aero bars cos they look better and are easier to fit the bike carrier to, but the ones I got work fine and the bike carrier is great - very easy to load on your own. The bars are easy enough to get on and off but it's going to take you 10-15 minutes every time and it might take the spontaneity out of thinking, let's just go for a ride. I took mine off for the winter but kept them on all the time in the summer.

Or you could just get one of these! Fits in the boot. I'm going for it when I move to London.
http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk/models/TSR30.html

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crackin stuff! Is it maximum 1 bike or do you think 2 will fit safely? I know theres a roof weight limit and a roof bar weight limit, which I need to find out lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts