Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a new car require some running in before getting "best" fuel consumption? I'm averaging about 45mpg on mostly motorways at the moment ( 65mph max ). I've only got about 250 miles on the clock.

Edited by: aob9

·
Registered
97 Posts
This extract is from the Skoda Citigo Owner's Manual and obviously the engines of the trio (Skoda Citigo, Volkswagen up! and Seat Mii) are identical.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Manufacturer's handbooks always recommend a period of bedding in, thus ensuring the longevity of the engine placed in your chosen purchase.

Despite the figure you've posted, provided that you're not red-lining your Up! on the motorway, I'd certainly expect that figure to improve as the engine beds in.

I currently attain between 55-60mpg in my 75 bhp High Up! which is largely used around town and upon Motorways roads, where my speed can be anywhere between 0 - 70 mph.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My first full tank worked out at 49 mpg (A roads and town) but each tank since (worked out from the amount of fuel put in and distance covered, not the M&M) has been 53-56 mpg. According to M&M, a 150 mile motorway run last week between 60 and 70 mph was 61 mpg.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
My MPG definitely improved after a few thousand miles and is pretty stable now...mind you , only took a couple of weeks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts