Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know this sounds like another daft one from me but I am curious to find out the best operation of the car when new to run it in properly, so driving style suggestions, speeds gears, general care of the car etc. We have never brought new and the UP! is our first.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ahh, that old chestnut
There will be someone on here in a minute to say drive it like Michael Schumacher from the showroom, but I would advise gentle driving for the first 1000 miles. Less than full throttle, less than full revs, not too low revs when straining uphill, etc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
move up! said:
Ahh, that old chestnut
There will be someone on here in a minute to say drive it like Michael Schumacher from the showroom, but I would advise gentle driving for the first 1000 miles. Less than full throttle, less than full revs, not too low revs when straining uphill, etc.

Well I thought as much really. I just thought I would check though

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
if you are like me, you'll be babying it for a few weeks at first , unlike my trade-in which I have for only another week....caning that one!

·
Registered
523 Posts
It should give a good idea in the cars manual. Every new car I have had its always been treated gently in its first 1000 miles. Anyone know what grade of oil they consume?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I plan to go a bit easy at the beginning!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have been going easy trying to get my mpg over 60
during my 8 mile drive to work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts