Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Started up the car as usual this morning and something got my attention - the little red screen at the bottom of my speedometer flicked up the word "SAFE" for a millisecond, might have said something else too, but it was for such a short period of time that I couldn't read anything else.

Car started and drove absolutely fine, my journey was pretty regular.

Not too sure what this means at all, never seen it before and never seen anyone report on it here.

Any ideas?

Custard

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Custard
Yes, I also get a SAFE message, think it is Safe lock, flashes up if I use the aux position on the ignition switch. Allows radio to stay on without ignition on (i.e. safe) ??
Historically, Safe mode in laptops/ engine management means restricted performance, revs limited, or in a Laptop, processor speed............
Meanwhile the UP! is fine, everything works, drives OK. I'll try for a photo and look forward to seeing what the guys come up with
Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Custard
Yes, I also get a SAFE message, think it is Safe lock, flashes up if I use the aux position on the ignition switch. Allows radio to stay on without ignition on (i.e. safe) ??
Historically, Safe mode in laptops/ engine management means restricted performance, revs limited, or in a Laptop, processor speed............
Meanwhile the UP! is fine, everything works, drives OK. I'll try for a photo and look forward to seeing what the guys come up with
Cheers
Thanks Mike! Never seen it before weirdly. So long as the car doesn't explode I suppose?? 😅

·
Registered
201 Posts
I get that if I turn on without the 'gear selector (mine is electric so mimics auto trans) being fully in either P or N. Ditto if brake is not held down during key turning, and (I think) if driver's door isn't fully closed. It is usually accompanied by some bong ing after a mo.
Maybe it was about to wag an electronic finger at you and then realised you weren't doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's kind of deadlocks for the doors. It means that the doors cannot be opened using the handles on the inside of the car. You can can turn it in or off, if I recall correctly, by double-clicking the key fob or similar. I think it's in the manual.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's kind of deadlocks for the doors. It means that the doors cannot be opened using the handles on the inside of the car. You can can turn it in or off, if I recall correctly, by double-clicking the key fob or similar. I think it's in the manual.
All good then. Maybe I will take a look in the manual later on, cheers !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts