Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all 1st post
I have bought my wife a 66 plate VW UP that didn’t come with Sat nav. I have eventually found a dashboard mount that fits but wanted some advice on a sat nav that would fit the mount ( pic attached )
any help would be appreciated

regards

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's a VW mount for a phone, to use the Maps & More Satnav app, issued with all the higher spec post 2016 cars, not made for a satnav.
I had the issue when I bought our first 18 plate Tsi, and couldn't find a satnav to fit. Not because of the size, but because of the plug at the back of a satnav wouldn't allow the unit to fit into the VW mount nicely.
In the end I bought a dashboard mount and a good quality Garmin satnav. Did exactly the same when I bought my Gti last year.
I suppose you could make one fit, but it would mean cutting / shutting the VW mount for the unit to sit back flush with the front face of the mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a VW mount for a phone, to use the Maps & More Satnav app, issued with all the higher spec post 2016 cars, not made for a satnav.
I had the issue when I bought our first 18 plate Tsi, and couldn't find a satnav to fit. Not because of the size, but because of the plug at the back of a satnav wouldn't allow the unit to fit into the VW mount nicely.
In the end I bought a dashboard mount and a good quality Garmin satnav. Did exactly the same when I bought my Gti last year.
I suppose you could make one fit, but it would mean cutting / shutting the VW mount for the unit to sit back flush with the front face of the mount.
Thank you for the quick reply, I guess a dashboard mout nav is the way to go

·
Registered
651 Posts
Reactions: plancast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afraid so, I bought two of these Garmin heavy Friction mounts, and they're great, don't wobble about & stay where they're put.
One in the Mrs' Tsi, one in my car.
Did you just place that over the top of the current dock station?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yep, exactly that, but you can place it where you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts