Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new SEAT MII Toca which came with the Sat Nav included. Since first picking it up 2 weeks ago the voice on the Sat Nav has not been reliable, sometimes works other times silent. At first I thought it was just not seating correctly on the mount on the dashboard but it's been back to the dealer who have replaced the Sat Nav and mounting arm and even after they refitted it, it is still unrelaible some times it works somtimes not.Has anyone experienced the same problem? A person at the garage who looked at it said the radio had to be on for it to work, which seemed odd at the time but I have had it working without the radio so proved that's not the case. I noticed someone on the forum had problems with the reverse screen not working and it was found to be a loose wire under the dashboard, I am hoping I do not have similar problems. It's just annoying that you cannot rely on it working everytime. Any suggestions most welcome.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Alan. I have noticed that the you need to turn the power on, on the radio for the voice commands to come through the car speakers. You can adjust all the volume levels through the radio head unit. I haven't heard it just coming from the unit, unless it was not docked in the car. I have a Garmin Nuvi in my other car and as good as it is, because it is an after market one, it can be difficult to hear. I like the way that VW has managed to integrate both the sat nav and phone audio through the cars speakers. It's much clearer.
This is only my personal experience, and maybe other people have different ways of doing it, but for me I like it.

Hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, I had to drive following motorway signs after my m&m got me to where ever but wouldnt work on the way back, the sat nav come on and then froze and no options would work, my mrs reset it twice then it worked and didnt, what it was in the end, my unit was too hot! When I held it infront of my blowers set to cold with the aircon on it worked fine! And then the other day I was driving to london I had my sat nav (not m&m) and similar thing happend! The unit got to hot and stopped working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts