Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there just ordered an Up with the SatNav pack. i took it on trust that it would be ok. Has any one actually played with one, as the dealer had not fitted it to the UP Black I drove today.

I have found what I think is the manual on the navigon website and Its got features I have not seen in luxury cars?

Also looking for info on a dash mount so I can use it in my campervan. Any one worked out which bracket it will fit yet?Edited by: Roadrunner

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Warning - Could well act as a great Thief Magnet if left on show !! Especially if it will work away from the UP !!

Hope the name is NOT meant in an ironic way !!

NAVI GON !!!

As in... Bl**dy **** Where's my....

;)

Dave

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
lol, It will be a pain taking it out all the time, but worth while.

I sometimes wonder if puting it in the glovebox will do. There is probably a greater chance of dropping it, or loosing it if you take it with you, than there is someone breaking in to the car on the off chance it may be in the glove box..

Fine line I guess....

Alex.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I played with it when I went to see the Black Up in my local dealer. Im the worlds biggest geek and love everything gadgety and am also a big critic on technology. However I have to say that the Navigon satnav in the Up is truly a delight to use! its easy peasy to sync your phone up to it, loading directions was easy and very fast, the car instruments that can be detailed are very handy. Overall the device is a must if you do alot of driving and/or a gadget ***** like myself!

The one thing I have to say is the whole "stuck on the dashboard" look. Its at a great hight to use but the attachment is a bit fiddly, and yes you will need to take it off each time you leave because some low life will probably want to steal it!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, I agree with Craig, the Sat Nav is really good and easy to use. Iparticularlylike the Voice Command feature which works very well. The 3D view is also very clear and easy to understand.

My only negative point for the Navigon Sat Nav is that the software does not work with an Apple Mac. I tried for ages to get it to sync without success. Fortunately, I have Windows 7 installed on my iMac, so I downloaded the PC version of the software with Windows 7 running, and it works straight away.

If anyone has a workaround for the Mac I would love to know how.

If you go to Amazon and search for 'Navigon 70 Premium'. it will bring up all the accessories you need to get it to work in another vehicle.

BTW, read your insurance policy carefully, as some policies only insure your Sat Nav if you store it in the boot and not in the glove compartment (which unfortunately has no lock).

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I assumed no insurance company would cover it if you left it in the car at all....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts