Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this mentionedon a different area in the forums, but no clear answer.
The Maps + More is excellent, however the volume for the SatNav voice is not loud enough compared to either SD card music or the radio. This particularly is a problem when driving faster. The music/radio is faded down, but the SatNav voice is nowhere near as loud as the music.

I see when M+M isn't connected to the car I can change the SatNav voice volume on the screen, but when it's connected to the car these volume up/down buttons are disabled. Turning the volume up using the radio volume control isn't the answer as the music is already loud enough.

Either there's something not right with my M+M or the unit needs some kind of firmware update to let you control the SD music volume and SatNav voice volume independently... or I'm missing something!

I have downloaded the manual, but it doesn't seem to help answer this problem.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
When she is actually talking (or he obviously) change the volume then (you need to be quick) on the actual car unit and that works, otherwise it just changes the music volume Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Sounds strangely awkward way of fixing this, but will give ita go next time I'm out.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Only found it by fluke on a long trip on Friday. It was all fine up to a point, then the sat nav voice was too low and changing the volume of the music did not achieve anything on the sat nav, until she was actually speaking

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah, bugbabe's right. We used the M&M for the first time this weekend & hubby played with it whilst I drove. There are separate volumes for the music and SatNav but you can only change the SatNav volume when the guy/girl is actually talking. As long as you're pretty quick, it's not really awkward.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks bugbabe,i've had the same issue and just left it,glad monkster asked the questionand you had the answer

·
Registered
315 Posts
But does the volume stay up, or do you have to make a dive for the volume knob every time you want to hear what he/she is saying?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did mine by accident and didn't know what I'd done! Before that the music would stop and it was only then I knew to look at the sat nav........durr!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That technique is the same in my Touran and was in the EOS on the normal NAV systems.

You have to adjust the vol whilst the NAV is speaking!

·
Registered
315 Posts
This caught us out too!

Prefer the man's voice as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re the sound on the satnav - if you don't have the radio on, select media and choose maps & more, you then control the sound using the radio control - you can't select the sound from the unit itself unless it's disconnect from the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with my wife's High UP.Cannot get any volume from the sat nav at all.
VW dealers cannot help!
Any clues y'all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, same problem here. Just picked up our brand new Up! last week and no sound whatsoever coming from the SatNav. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have just paid £25 to download safety cameras which I did with the sat nav connected to the computer but nothing showing on the sat nav any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You could save yourself £25 by keeping to the speed limit!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
their must be someone on this forum can give me a sensible answer as to how to put the safety cameras on maps and more,navigon fresh to my computer with sat nav connected then said download to sat nav complete which it hasn't done if I don't sort it out £25 lost thanks again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts