Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called up existing insurer - they don't accommodate mods of any description. I currently pay 430 with business use etc etc. I called another company got a quote WITH mods - dropped to 280!!

Went on price comparison site - and it's actually cheaper with mods declared than without - best part is you don't even have to have the mods - the policy just gives you the freedom.

Shocked!! Genuinely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's because in reality people who spend money and have an interest in modifying their car are more likely to be careful drivers and are careful to where they park their car rather then the average joe driver. The risk of a claim is higher to the average person rather then a person with a modified car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got stung with a higher premium once for upgrading my brakes. Make it safer, pay more. Go figure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heartagram said:
I got stung with a higher premium once for upgrading my brakes. Make it safer, pay more. Go figure.
I got a couple of mates who work for price comparison sites as decision modellers - I might have a chat and find out what the logic is behind it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts