Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the tezzle alloys come standard on the e-UP I believe.

However walking to works this morning and I saw (presumably) a high up with the tezzle wheels on, and they looks really nice.

I assume this was a high up (or special ed) because it had front fogs, no LEDs like the e-up, and had an engine sound.

I wanted to take a photo but it went past too quickly. I only noticed it because it stopped in front of a car that was parking.

I didn't think you could get the tezzle alloys to order? Although I suppose VW would sell anything at the right price.

So whoever you are, your alloys looked nice and are pretty rare :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know.

They're not in the UP brochure over here (at least not the last time I checked), and I haven't ever seen them as an option before.

I can't even see them on the VW website, but it was only a cursory look.

Just stood out to me. On a red up! as well.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The e-up has own sites on the UK website ...

Here is an image from the VW UK website ...

They also appear as only standard alloys when you config a UK e-up ...

In Germany all up!s share the same main site. The Tezzle (Blade) alloys are standard, too.
Winter and all season tyres (both with steel alloys) are the only option (no other alu alloys) ...

They may not be in the "print" (pdf) broshure but the websites and config systems have been up!dated ...

EDIT: I had a look ...
The Tezzle / Blade alloys have been standard on the e-up! since September 2013 (2014 model). So, there has been no change for the e-up alloys ... ???

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I've seen the e-up site before, but I've never seen a non-e-up with tezzle alloys.

Somebody must have either bought them online and put them onto their high up, or somehow configured their car new with the dealership with them on (and presumably paid extra).

The car I saw was not an e-up - It was most definitely a high up or special edition variant.

I agree that the tezzle alloys are not sold in the up brochure for the non e-up!, which leads me to think that the owner of this car bought them online somewhere (ebay or somewhere else) and then fitted them to the car.

NB: Online, you can't configure the high up with the tezzle alloys:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/up-nf/configure/wheels/1243/1247

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Sorry, got you wrong ...

I think someone wanted other alloys on his e-up and sold the standard ones.
Alloy mods might be the most common up! mods? Even for e-up drivers?

I think you can only get them for the e-up! to make it "recognizable at once" / make it unique ...

New for "2015" (May 2014+) are only the new "sports pack alloys" (in combination with black roof lining) for the high up!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts