Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone ever used this on car seats?

Was it any good....?

Alex

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well i've used the Autoglym life shine kit that has a protector for the seats, trust me its toxic stuff!! You will need to air the car for quite some time if it is as strong!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May be worth looking at, as I'm getting the red/corn silk seats. Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have gone for the Autogkym life shine on my new up. Worth having would say? Is it really that toxic? Have young children and don't want them to breathe stuff like that in!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Take my word the Life Shine kit is great, takes forever as the valeter to apply, hence why it retails at such a stupid price....i won't tell you how much it actually costs!! All the sprays used are applied and left to air so that the customer doesn't smell it to much....but it is strong when first applied. You really do see a great result from it, notably on colours like black or silver with a great gloss. Hope this helps reassure you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks. I doubt it costs much for the dealer as I managed to get it half price without too much effort, but thought it was a good investment. You worry a little about all these chemicals and what they could do to you but as long as they air the car sufficiently I suppose it will be ok. My car will have partly painted alloys - would the life shine be applied to the wheels also!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Marketing nonsense try washing the car every week and polishing once a month with good old Simoniz yellow tin. If interior is dirty use a nail scrubbing brush and some soap and plenty of water - cheapere than a salesman's commission on £350 scotchguard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I agree with you! I shall be cleaning it each week it will only take 5 mins. Occasionally I shall hose it underneath around the wheelarches etc specially when the salt is used on the roads in the winter time. Also will apply a decent wax and give it a good elbow, stand back and admire !
I ordered a white highup on the 10 April and I expect it will be several weeks until Im behind the wheel, Im counting everyday on the calendar, Im 64 and this will be my first Brand New car...I'm delighted with my choice of car knowing each year the cost of fuel and VED will be rising.
kind regards Mike

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Ive gone for the life shine, as my first new car also, I will be keeping it for a long long time and want to keep it in the best condition I can!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts