Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I suppose it's about time I stopped trolling through threads and post something.

I've had my ups & downs with the car in the past year I've had it.

Ran a few different sets of coilovers and spent forever sourcing a set of wheels.

Here's how it looks the now. Will look for older photos and hopefully post things along the way.

I'll be happy to answer most questions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice looking UP Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you tried ap coilovers mate? Or fk ak street..I want to know how the handling is affected and also if fk ak street are suitable. Not sure looking at all the reviews

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Hi Scott....Must look out for your VERY distinctive up, I'm in East Ayrshire too...rural, about 1 mile west of Ochiltree and work in the mearns & crookston....be sure to give you a wave if I see you!

ps, absolutely LOVE the red mirrors I'd do the same if mine weren't chrome

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Doc you can have my red mirrors and I will have your Chrome mirrors
Lol phill..

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
sounds a good idea.....next project for me is However, I'm fitting a 2m Transciever this weekend I hope...just got a Yaesu FT-1900r/e geeky but so be it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Scott!

Your Up is amazing!!
I love the red. Have you upgraded your lights? I'm wanting to maybe change my day time lights....Hopefully I can. I own a Sunset orange Groove up with Fender and M&M

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a small world! Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy and completely forgot about this!

I stay in Mauchline, so definitely not far away!

I'll need to keep a look out, if you see me give me a flash

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had AP coilovers and they ran perfectly, but unfortunately due to bad installation the kit failed. The garage scored the piston and it burst the seal and caused me to loose all dampening so I ended up splashing out for a kit to get it as low as I needed/wanted!

If you're looking for a kit to go a bit lower but not looking to spend too much. The FK kit is very good value for money and pretty comfortable too. I know a few people who run it on their Up & Mii

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Need to post some of the photos here!

Give me a flash and wave if you see me about glasgow, I work up in Parkhead most days! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I've got Philips clear blue headlights and Silverlight indicator bulbs. Can find a link to them in the modified section of the forum!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up a set of 17" OZ Superturismo's for daily driving instead of the Steelies.

Waiting for a day off to have it sitting lower. The front struts are still wound up max and the rear has the cups in, So should be able to have it on the lip or tucking no problem at all!

Suppose that's the benefit of shortened struts!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's nearly been a year since my last update.

Here's how the car looks. Yes, it's still the same one!

What do you think?!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks man!

I'm actually static. I'm running Stillstatic H&R 130mm

I still have about 15-20mm of travel to go lower all around.Edited by: Scottydubs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts