Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you may have seen in my intro I've been trying to deal with the work of a vandal who has keyed a large scratch into my car ranging from the drivers side door handle all the way to the middle of the bonnet. I am just wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend a good and reasonably priced scratch repair service. I have tried to rectify the scratch with one of vw "touch up kits" but the outcome is terrible (paint looks like glue and the clearcoat sticks out like a sore thumb). Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Really feel for you, what can I say!You could try someone like chipsaway but I don't know if they would do such a large area.
Your probably best trying a bodyshop, I know it will cost you but the bonnet will need done completely
to make an invisible repair and you want it to look right.
The other option is to ask around for someone who does paint repairs on the side who may do it cheaper.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Post a picture and I will be able to tell you but it is more than likely that you will need a full bonnet re spray as cant do smart repairs on flat surfaces whee abouts are you ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts