Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Yesterday duing the heavy rains here in Bristol, somehow while on the motorway a small piece of Tarmac found its way to the windshield and got caught in the wiper leaving a nice thin scratch on the glass, sadly due to the rain I did not noticed and only saw it this morning cause of the sun being on my face while driving. Is there any product out there I can use to polish it off? The UP! came with the autoglym bag with all products, is there anything in there I could use? Is driving me insane really. Thanks...

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I tried all sorts of things on my golf windscreen after I got lots of micro scratches on it. Nothing worked, but the insurance company just replaced the windscreen in the end because it was distracting when driving into the sun. They would rather replace in that situation.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sadly no real way of removing it and if it is within the windscreen wiper area on the drivers side then the windscreen is actually illegal if the scratch is visible and impedes your view in any way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Most insurance schemes seem to cover cracked and broken windscreens. Ring and explain and see what they say. You may get a free replacement screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts