Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the topic says I was dumb enough to take my credit card and wipe off the last of the glue when debadging the up!-logo. It made some small scratches. Luckily they're only visible when looking close and from an certain angle but the fact that I know they are there is annoying.

Any solutions to make them disappear? Some good polish? DIY home recipe? Hit me! I'm really angry with myself here...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Do you mean the rear glass? I dont think theres anything to polish glass you could let it get dirty so people seen the dirt and not the marks?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it's on the glass try a good polish by hand yea. If you have access to a DA, that ought to do it with the right compound.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, on the rear glass. Okey, thanks Davec, I think my neighbour has one. I was first thinking of polish for mobile phone glass? Practical and cheap but it might not suite car glass.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What's the best way to debadge? A length of fishing wire and pull it behind?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Heat badges up with hair dryer! Get a card to start the peeling process leaving it as flat as possible to prevent scratches! To get the glue off after get some glue and tar remover, auto finess stuff worked very well

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a hair dryer and a fishing line. Went off really really smooth and no cracks. Take a cloth and some wax (I used Meguiar's) and the rest of the glue on the rear glass will come off easily. DO NOT use a credit card like I did at first...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Itzben said:
Does that go for the rear vw badge as well?
I used a blow dryer to heat it and a plastic putty knife to slowly pry it off. Afterwards sprayed the remaining area with a glue removal spay followed by a good glass cleaner.

Going up! naked..!!Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
583 Posts
eightbits said:
I used a hair dryer and a fishing line.  
Or flossing thread ...

Should work on the VW badge as well - it's also just glued on.

A card shouldn't be able to scratch glass, should it ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
_1S_ said:
A card shouldn't be able to scratch glass, should it ?

That's what I thought.

It's no big scratch marks at all but you see them if you know where to look. My mistake was to do it when I didn't have much time and I might have gone a little hard at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts