Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Up! Black 2pm yesterday! No fanfare or ribbons or goodies from the dealer it was paperwork first then "here's your keys the car's outside". I was blown away by how good the car looked, so shiny black and with all the chrome bits and the wheels gleaming in the sun it was catching everyone's eye a real head turner. The salesman showed me around the car and kindly took me through all the instruments, gauges etc. He also set up my iPhone and paired with maps & more and put my Sd card in too and went through all the navigation, media and car info on it. Quite thorough so kudos for that. I declined a test drive as I've got all weekend and 3yrs warranty so happy days. He then said the dealer would be ringing me to do a survey on his performance can I help him out and give him top marks. I laughed in a Dr Evil kinda way and said I'd think about it....

Loved up! with the car though really really happy, so much so that one hour later I got my first parking ticket in the car! Obviously just thinking about Scrub and walked past the ticket machine!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ouch that really must hurt!!
I wouldn't be happy with the no bells and whistles, this is my third car from my VW dealer but taking the car from the showroom is such a special part of delivery. I haven't had ticker tape and fanfare but I've always waited for it to be presented rather than it seeming like you your picking it up from a service.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I agree. The lack of any presentation whatsoever was a bit mouldy to be honest. I guess it was like picking it up from a service - at least he took a bit of time to guide me thru the car instruments etc.
But to then ask for a glowing report was a bit extreme - where's my motivation?
I shall be honest and tell them exactly what I think, especially about the handover. I wouldn't of wanted ribbons or flowers, a bottle of wine would have been ace! I guess there are dealers and there are dealers judging by other folks reports on their handovers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
On the Fox they drove it into the showroom and we sat in and he showed my all the car functions and made sure I was happy with everything before they opened the side of the showroom and I very nervously drove it out! The Polo was brought round the front for me I was taken out to it, they showed me all the controls and made sure I was happy with everything then we went back in to pick up the paperwork and I was given some beautiful flowers, that was quite special.
I'm not execting anything with the up! I think I'll be all misty eyed when I see her anyway I'll be desperate just to get the keys and head for the hills

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow they went to town. To be fair once I saw it I didn't want to hang about it looked way above and beyond any vision that I had!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Like the clouds parted and the angels were smiling......ahhh Scrub is here at last enjoy!
You will remember to put a ticket on next time won't you

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oops! ticket already, hopefully first and only one hey!

to be honest, having never got a new car before, i dont know what to expect from my dealerr, would be nice of them to go the extra mile tho...

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
oops! ticket already, hopefully first and only one hey!

to be honest, having never got a new car before, i dont know what to expect from my dealerr, would be nice of them to go the extra mile tho...

Yeah, I agree. My first brand new car too. Had a very minor run in with my dealer last week over the 2 remote keys & said I was a bit disappointed at the way he fawned all over me when I was placing my order & then left me to chase him up re build week, delivery, remote key issue etc. Said I felt like he'd done his bit in selling the car & getting his commission then left me high & dry.

He was very apologetic & agreed to provide me with 2 remote keys so I'm hoping that they might also try and make me feel a bit special when I finally pick her up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congratulations, have fun in your new up! We love ours, when we picked her (Daisy) up! the dealer was brilliant paired my iPhone to M & M and left a bunch of beautiful smelling flowers in the boot and even a full tank of petrol, which we weren't expecting as we had such a good discount on the car, but we just wanted to get in our new up! And drive away into the sunset
Love, Love, Love it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep i'm overjoyed with mine, the pictures of the up! black in the brochures etc. dont do it justice - in the flesh its awesome - especially the standard wheels with the black rings - everyones taken with itand all are loving the wheels! WEnt for a night drive about 10.30pm last night just before we were going to bed, I said to the missus - lets see what it looks like in the dark - excellent! the red lights on the instruments etc really set it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts