Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have put a couple of albums on my sd card but only the first album shows on the M&M. It doesnt give the option to go up a file and select different albums.

Is there a specific way that the albums need to put on the sd card.All songs arein mp3 format.

Bluetoothing the music skips quite a lot so would rather use the sd card.

Done 100 miles so far - loving it more and more everytime I drive. I have found various excuses just to nip out for a drive- told the kids we were going to Ikea to look for something today just so we could go for a drive on our own as I knew they wouldnt want to come. Drove all the way there, round the car park then drove back - didnt even go in!! Mileage always around 55-60mpg, whether its motorway or tottering around town.

Thanks
Lou xx

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i think in another thread one of the guys said that you should put it all in one big folder first called something like "music" and then in the sub folders for artist, album etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lou,

This is how my albums are organised. I've copied directly from my PC the way Windows Media Player ripped my CD's.

When you're in the control part of the sd card there's the possibility to go in (to sub folders)or out of the folders in the top left corner. Depending on what folder you're inchoosing e.g "mix numbers" will mix either numbers from a single album, from a specific group or from all your albums.

Hope this can help you on the way.
CW

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 1UP. It works fine in the car!!! I can go up and down the folders and select any ofthe songs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
is there a limit to the size of SD card used in the M&M ?
I've not got my highup white yet hoping soon but when I do I want to have a SD card ready with my favourite music Mozart Beethoven etc lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi thank you 911sse and Gary02tdi for answering my question ref size of SD card I shall buy one today

·
Registered
63 Posts
siannyd said:
Do I have to stick my tunes on an SD card or can I stream from my iPhone?
You can pair the M+M with your phone using Bluetooth and play music that way, but some members have reported jerky playback caused by buffering issues.

I have all my music on a microSD card as that works best for me. If my music library changes, it's not a major task to copy the updates to the card.

·
Registered
66 Posts
And to see the picture of the album, do you save an image file in the folder ?
If yes, which format (jpg, png, etc...), which size (pixels X pixels) ?
Does any know ?...
Thanks !

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
image of album would be in the mp3 header....music from the sd card will be much higher quality than streamed bluetooth music owing to the rather compressed sound of the bluetooth codec. I've just got a class 10 (fast) 32Gb sd micro card from amazon....a proper sandisk one for £22 even came with a micro-full size adapter to make it fit card readers easily.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-32GB-Micro-Ultra-Adapter

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I had an issue today. Completely lost my card!!! It was there on my way to work, I took the M&M from the holder, straight into a zipped up case. Went back in the car, connected the screen again and no sd card showing. I assumed it was playing up. But when I went to take the card out to check it wasn't there!

Assume it fell out! Not Impressed

·
Registered
705 Posts
Here's a link to the French version of the Maps & More manual.

http://www.navigon.com/portal/common/Download/Manual/PNA/MapsMore/maps_x_more_FR.pdf

As far as I can see from my limited knowledge of French and comparing it to the English manual, pages 114 to 119 deal with music from external devices, such as iPods and SD cards.

I use a Nagra LB sound recorder and the only flash storage devices (CompactFlash cards) recommended for quality and reliability are those made by SanDisk and Kingston, and I've also stuck with this advice for use in my camera and my phone and I haven't had any problems. They might be expensive, but the genuine items are worth it in the end. Beware of fakes!

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I had an issue today. Completely lost my card!!! It was there on my way to work, I took the M&M from the holder, straight into a zipped up case. Went back in the car, connected the screen again and no sd card showing. I assumed it was playing up. But when I went to take the card out to check it wasn't there!

Assume it fell out! Not Impressed

Perhaps a small piece of sticky tape, 3M Scotch Magic Tape, might help prevent further losses? Magic Tape is much better than the traditional Sellotape as it's got a matt finish and not shiny, doesn't leave a sticky residue, or delaminate over time. It can be peeled back a few times before it needs replacing.

Nick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts