Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that my Garmin M&M was not displaying album artwork consistently. I found that i had a mixture of m4a and mp3 music in iTunes. None of the m4a music displayed artwork and only some of the mp3s did. Also, some song names would display as you would wish to see them i.e. "Closer" whereas others might appear like this "Closer.mp3" or "Closer.m4a". To resolve the artwork and song names display issues, I deleted the albums in iTunes and reloaded them all as 192kbs mp3s and I made sure that I stored the artwork within each mp3 file so that when I copied each mp3 to the SD card, the artwork went with it. What surprised me was that I already had a 192kbs mp3 album in iTunes and it would not display the artwork and songs correctly. I deleted the album in iTunes and re-loaded it as i did with the others and now it behaves itself on the M&M display. My conclusion from this exercise is that any albums I have loaded to iTunes using an old version of iTunes are not properly handled by the Garmin in terms of artwork and song names. My epic reload to iTunes today was carried out on version 11.1.4.62 and a quick check has shown that at the time of writing, version 11.1.5 is the latest version of iTunes. I hope this helps anyone who, like me, likes to see their album artwork and song titles displayed nicely. Out of interest, i have structured my SD card exactly as iTunes does, which is to create an outer folder for the artist and an inner folder for each of the artist's albums. With the SD structured like this, the M&M allows you to shuffle within an album or within an artist as well as across all artists.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hopefully you don't fiddle around with Maps and More or study the artwork whilst driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts