Up Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime? There are times when I only drive 50 yards on deliveries and I really could do with turning it off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime? There are times when I only drive 50 yards on deliveries and I really could do with turning it off.
Maybe try Carista/ OBD11 but I wouldn't be surprised if they've made it trickier than that.

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Not that I condone such things, but plug the seatbelt in first and then sit in the seat.

Either that you can purchase just a seatbelt clip which goes into the seatbelt socket to fool the occupancy system.

You certainly won't be able to turn it off via software as it's a Legislation requirement.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it, it's a safety system and required to do that by law

Far easier to get an old seat belt from the scrappy and cut the buckle off and insert that into the stalk, or you can buy the buckle part on ebay cheap, or do as Dan says, plug the seat belt in before you sit down, it won't do it then

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to alter the wiring then.
Not a great idea.

Just buy these and plug one in for the times you decide not to wear it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLVED

Push the front seat/s back as far as they go and there is a flap in the carpet revealing two connectors. A 3 pole yellow one for the air bags an a two pole black one for the seat belt switch. Simply unplug the black two pole connector and enjoy the peace and quiet thereafter! I always wear a seat belt but prefer to put it on as I drive away without the annoying and distracting chime.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Driving away while putting your seat belt on is really not the best idea in the world.
Just make sure the police don’t see you doing that(y)

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
On mine, it doesn't chime straight away, I get the light on the dash first, then after about 20 seconds or if I go over 10mph, it chimes. I really CANNOT recommend anybody unplugging these wires as a get around for a safety feature.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Delivery drivers are allowed to drive up to 50 metres without a seat belt? Not sure if the law has changed but it used to be the case. The OP said he was doing deliveries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once again, thanks for all your replies. With the greatest respect to all, I didn't want views on the morals, I just found it dangerously detracting while driving 25 metres to my next stop.

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Once again, thanks for all your replies. With the greatest respect to all, I didn't want views on the morals, I just found it dangerously detracting while driving 25 metres to my next stop.
If a light 'bing' noise is distracting you whilst driving 25 metres, you probably need to rethink your choice of profession.

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Delivery drivers are allowed to drive up to 50 metres without a seat belt? Not sure if the law has changed but it used to be the case. The OP said he was doing deliveries.
Yes, you are correct

When you don't need to wear a seat belt
You don’t need to wear a seat belt if you’re:
  • a driver who is reversing, or supervising a learner driver who is reversing
  • in a vehicle being used for police, fire and rescue services
  • a passenger in a trade vehicle and you’re investigating a fault
  • driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops
  • a licensed taxi driver who is ‘plying for hire’ or carrying passengers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seems like it's an option on OBDEleven but those dongles cost £100 plus. Better off with one of those fake seatbelt clips

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
All these 'Beer garden lawyers' giving their guidance, I thought this was a car forum!
It is a car forum, with car drivers. As car drivers, it's our obligation to look out for fellow road users.

I don't care if you choose not to wear your seatbelt, in fact the Law allows you not to in the very scenario you wish to do so, however if a binging noise is 'dangerously distracting' to you whilst travelling several metres at low speed, that is a strong indication that your driving standards are below par and therefore you present a potential risk to other road users.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I asked a question about a vehicle, not anyone's opinion on the morals of my driving. Those who are concerned, should mind their own F-ing business!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.