Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home last night from work and I glanced over at my passenger seat only to notice what looks like a massive wet patch on the seat! Now it was raining the other day and my friend got in the car so it could have been off her jacket, it could have been my bf the last time he was in, or someones broke into my car and p!ssed themselves!! haha

Either way, I know have a patch mark on my beige seats! How would I go about cleaning them?? Im a little scared because they are heated seats and dont want to soak the electrics or anything!!

Advice pleeeeeaaaasseee!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had the same thing and thought the car had a broken door seal. I think the cause was just water running off the roof when the door was opened. Alternatively, the water could have been sitting just above the door seal and, again, came in when the door opened.

You can get a spray on foam from Halfords which takes out water marks. If I remember correctly, it was called Carplan Stain Valet - it has a brush on the top of the tin which can be used to work the foam in to the seat fabric.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little update, popped into my work to find turtle wax renew upholstery cleaner! Think it's the same thing Luckyjimmy, it's foam with a brush on the top! Gave the seat a wee got and it has lightened the stain! Couple more attempts will get it away!!

Bargain price at £1.99 a tin! Gotta love Home Bargains ;D

·
Registered
604 Posts
I noticed water run off the roof onto the front seat when I was putting the child seat in the back of the car, think the problem is water sits on the roof, when you get in or disturb the balance of the car it runs in the open door

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I havent had this issue yet, but as I had the autoglym package there is upholstery cleaner in there, as far as I'm aware you can damage the heated seats unless you get them soaked, or use them when the seats are wet still

1 - 6 of 6 Posts