Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

As you can tell i am a total newbie and not very technically minded. I have a Seat Mii Toca and one of the upgrades was " bulbs ", Osram nightbreakers where suggested...................can you please help, which ones, how many and where from?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have brought the bulbs and have tried to fit them but as you can tell I am not vey technically minded. What do I need to do to fit my Osram Nighbreaker bulbs on my seat Mii?

Replies and insults welcomed

·
Registered
540 Posts
matthewyeates1975 said:
I have brought the bulbs and have tried to fit them but as you can tell I am not vey technically minded. What do I need to do to fit my Osram Nighbreaker bulbs on my seat Mii?

Replies and insults welcomed

You shouldn't need anything except a bit of elbow grease to remove the bulbs:

https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Citigo/03-2012/Manual/A00_Citigo_OwnersManual.pdf

Go to page 141.

Just remember to ensure that you don't put your fingers on the actual bulb casing itself otherwise you could decrease the life of the bulb with the oil/grease (etc) on your hands (If in doubt use disposable gloves which you can get from most garages/petrol stations, or failing that use something like a glasses cleaning cloth like I did - or just handle it from the connection and not the glass).

First unclip the plug and remove the rubber casing that surrounds the bulb connections (I actually removed the rubber housing over the wires first then unclipped the plug as I couldn't remove it on my first go). Unclip the circlip that holds the bulb in place and then remove the bulb and replace with the Osram. Then put it back together again.

It might seem daunting but there's not really anything you can do wrong. Sometimes you might need to be a bit forceful with, for example, removing the plug from the bulb but don't worry. My UP!s plug was in ridiculously tight to the point where I thought I was going to break it by increasing the pressure I was using to remove it, but they're actually pretty sturdy.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts