Up Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a new member having bought a Seat Mii in June this year. I like the car for town use but a little underpowered for the motorway!
I have already had a couple of "near incidents" from idiots on the road and I have decided to fit front and back Dashcams.
I am going to hardwire into the fuse box and I think I have sussed out the correct location and fuse, It's 46 in the fusebox. Accessory port.
Gadget Automotive lighting Shelving Technology Machine

Any further advice on this installation will be appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Do you want it on 'switched' 12V, or is the dash-cam a motion sensor type that you intend to record with, when parked?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Should be easy to fit.
I have lived in a few places where the only camera I wanted in the car was one for when parked overnight in the street!
Now, we don't need to lock the car or house.
I do get the point of having cams when driving though, as the roads are chock-full of psychopaths or retards - I just haven't got round to do it, out of laziness! And a switched supply is the one to use....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got this for the daughters Citigo (then one for the Up! as it seems to work 100%).

Plug and play, plus switchable so you can decide if you want to have it ignition live only or run it when the car's off / unattended.

Claims to have a low voltage cut out if it's in the latter mode to prevent draining the battery, yet to have reason to test that.

Less than £8.00 posted on Amazon, but seem to be available plenty of other places and possibly even cheaper.

Check the connector at the camera end matches yours though.

If anything there was far too much cable when it's front mounted on such a small car.

Font Paper Paper product Parallel Document

Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document

Rectangle Font Electronic device Electric blue Fashion accessory

Rectangle Adapter Cable Adapter Font

Rectangle Office equipment Gas Font Bumper

Usb cable Data transfer cable Rectangle Cable Font

Eyelash Font Electronic device Cable Heat-shrink tubing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts