Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming to an agreement with the suppling dealer for the damage inflicted to my car as a result of bad preparation, I finally got my car detailed at the weekend by a local professional detailer

Was a full wash, decon, clay, machine polish and wax. The results I think speak for themselves. Although many people shudder at the prices charged for what is considered by some to be 'washing a car' (its so much more, and should be considered a skilled trade), its still much cheaper than dealership prices for applying lifeshine (or similar)

Here's a few of my favourire shots

and my favourite of all

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They polished is so well, the registration has come off...

It looks great. I'm toying with the idea of buying a dual action machine polisher, but as you say, it is a real skill to get results like that.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Looks great, how long would it take to get like that ?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I would be scared to drive a car that clean....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rednaxela said:

It looks great. I'm toying with the idea of buying a dual action machine polisher, but as you say, it is a real skill to get results like that.

I own a DA and dabbled with polishing on my last car, but without a paint depth gauge its a bit risky. And DA + pads + polish + IPA + MF cloths is pretty much the same price as a pro detail. In future I'll stick to using my DA for cleansing and glazing

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
bazves said:
Rednaxela said:

I own a DA and dabbled with polishing on my last car, but without a paint depth gauge its a bit risky. And DA + pads + polish + IPA + MF cloths is pretty much the same price as a pro detail. In future I'll stick to using my DA for cleansing and glazing
When you say cleansing, do you mean products like autoglym super resin polish? That's what I was planning to use, but I'm getting more and more put off the more I learn about machine polishing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rednaxela said:
When you say cleansing, do you mean products like autoglym super resin polish? That's what I was planning to use, but I'm getting more and more put off the more I learn about machine polishing.
AG Super Resin Polish can be classified as a cleanser, other examples would Auto Finesse Rejuvenate or Dodo Lime Prime. The idea of a cleanser is to prepare the paint for a wax/sealant, and generally they are a combination of 'chemical' cleaners and abrasives.

AG Super Resin can be applied with a DA with great results. It does contain abrasives, but its not really a 'cutting' polish. You also need to work it for sufficiently long to correct

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for that. Perhaps I will still get a DA. I want to make detailing easier so I can do it more often, but I obviously don't want to do any damage to my up!
I have a golf to practice on... LolEdited by: Rednaxela

1 - 10 of 10 Posts