Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a white move up, just wondered if the passengers seat in the move up slides forward when you let someone in the back.

The drivers seat does, but the passenger seat doesnt.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have an up black, I assume they are all the same. My drivers and passengers are the same, both slide forward and the seat backs go forward to let passengers in the back

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My drivers seat was stiffer than the passenger side. Make sure you give it a good push. It's better now than it was

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
both my seats are rather stiff when moving them, i tend to use the front pully to move them forward, it does it easier

·
Registered
525 Posts
willowaz said:
both my seats are rather stiff when moving them, i tend to use the front pully to move them forward, it does it easier
Front pully? Is there another one? I find it hard to move the seat if I'm not sitting in it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you look in the up! brochure, under the Move up! it states "easy entry sliding seats". No mention of this under the Take up! So this suggests that the Take up! has the difficult entry sliding seats. This can't explain your situation as you have said you have the Move up! ........unless somehow you got the difficult one or maybe the easy one is 2013 models only? Can anyone explain the difference between the mechanism on the Take up! and the Move up!?

·
Registered
705 Posts
The comparative review in Car Magazine from April 2012 also bemoaned the lack of memory when the seat was moved forward to allow entry to the rear seats. And this was in a up! White, which is a High up! in all but name.

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hmmmm thats gonna be a pain!

·
Registered
525 Posts
My impression from the posts on here was that most early purchasers weren't frequent carriers of passengers. As my 87 year old dad remarked when inspecting the car, 'not much good for the elderly and infirm'! It really isn't that easy to get in and out of the back and if you will regularly have passengers in the back I'd definitely recommend getting the 5 door. It's not much more expensive.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'd have to agree with yapmaul. I've got a Move up! and both driver and passenger seats move easily but getting in and out of the back isn't exactly a breeze. Luckily we very seldom have rear seat passengers and on the odd occasion that hubby's 73 year old mum comes anywhere with us, hubby goes in the back and she sits in the front.

It's annoying that the seats don't go back to where you had them either but just one of those minor niggles really.

I didn't wait for the 5 door as I think it spoils the look a little but I think I'd definitely have gone for it if we had lots of rear seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I prefer the look of the 3 door, but it is a shame about the seat mechanism... It works fine on other models, you would think that they would have just used parts from other cars rather than develop new parts (that don't work!)...

I won't be using back seats much anyway...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been playing with my new car & there is a memory (of sorts) on the sliding seat,however you can force it past the setting.

Just push back until you feel some resitance and then put the back up & it is in the original position.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Cool... I bet lots of people will be trying that now! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Our Takeup! seats driver and passenger side move really easily we just tilt the back rest forward and push the seat forward until it stops person gets in or out push the seat back to where was and re- align the back rest. It all slides really easily and this is supposed to not have the easy entry system!
seems easy enough to me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts