Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before anyone jumps the gun, NO I did not pi$$ myself haha

So yeah the other day, me being me, off I went to McDonalds to stuff my fat face, went through the drive through and I picked up a bottle of flavoured water that I had in the cup holder and put it on my drivers seat. Munched my quarter pounder with cheese meal and went back to work. Finished work and drove home, parked outside, went to pick up all my bits and bobs off the drivers seat only to find it soaking!! The water bottle had leaked over the seat :mad:

I left it to dry out because it was just flavoured water, thinking it would be fine. No. It's left a big mark on my cream seat. I just took it to my local car wash where they gave the car a valet, but even they couldn't get the mark out the seat.

So I ask your help, any advice on cleaning the seats and getting them like new again???

what a numpty I am!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
have you got , or can get access to a vax machine, we have one for puppy 'accidents' and its brilliant for stain removal.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Have you tried some spray car shampoo from Halfords and the like? What you have is a water mark stain. I don't suppose you had the seats Scotchgarded? If not for £3 for a can off of Ebay, well worth doing yourself and may help if it happens again, Supagard or Autoglym Lifeshine both do spray on fabric protector.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive used upholstery cleaner on it but it didn't do much to it, im going to try and get my hands on a vax cleaner cause that seems to be my only option at the minute.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Craig200588 said:
Ive used upholstery cleaner on it but it didn't do much to it, im going to try and get my hands on a vax cleaner cause that seems to be my only option at the minute.

Try using a microfibre cloth damped with diluted carpet cleaner. Test on inconspicuous area first!

If you wet-vac; watch those heated seat elements! They will not be up to a soaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts