Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have looked at a set of seats in leather optics without airbags on eBay, it is possible to move the airbags from my own seats and install them into the seats with leather optics ?Edited by: MigMag

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
what is a leather optic??

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
ah leather look they are called in english...got it now....optic=look !

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wouldn't try that one ,also you have to tell the insurance company , if it is classed as a modification ,it's a tricky situation ,they do look really nice ,but ( Safety comes first. In my opinion )
phill

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
+1 to phills post!

I wouldn't do this, too.
What if the airbags explode wrong and you cause an accident?
You might get into big trouble with your insurance company - and law!
YOU caused the accident by your "hobby work" and so you have to pay all damages. The insurance might pay the money (for the others) first, but claim to get it back from you!

I understood you at once and had to think why native speakers don't.

It's "Lederoptik" in German, too.

Native English speakers also don't understand when Germans talk about a "Handy". "Handy" is the German word for mobile phone. And "Oldtimer" is a vintage/classic car (or motorbike)!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, guys, I took a chance and bought the leather look seats on ebay, I already received them, and I am in contact with someone who will install them for me, when I receive my brand new Up! In May.

Since I don't have my new Up! Yet, I hope that there is someone who can be so kind and help me find out if there is a zipper lock at the bottom of the front seat backs on the Up! ?

The zipper had been opened, when the air bags were removed from the seats, the zipper is there, but the zipper lock may be missing, so I can't close them Again
Edited by: MigMag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts