Up Owners Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well we seem to have got there. My daughter is buying a 2016 facelift High Up and just snuck in with the 2 year warranty and servicing offers. We collect it next week all being well.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement and I will post a photo once we have it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Great to hear, and that she's gone for a great spec. Look forward to seeing the pics !

Reactions: North London Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We have just received the used car order form for my daughter to sign and I notice that they have added £400 for 'autoglym lifershine' which is in my view very very cheeky and we definitely don't want this!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yep, have it taken off............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you and absolutely although its easier said than done as for some reason the salesman doesn't seem to appreciate that we don't want it. I can't think why he is trying to slide it onto the order........ :unsure:. We absolutely do not want it and I have never had it done on our other cars and they haven't disintegrated yet!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thank you and absolutely although its easier said than done as for some reason the salesman doesn't seem to appreciate that we don't want it. I can't think why he is trying to slide it onto the order........ :unsure:. We absolutely do not want it and I have never had it done on our other cars and they haven't disintegrated yet!
Really gets on my wick when they try it on like that. My daughters first car buying experience went along similar lines when in the showroom. I just could not get the salesman to listen to me, he tried to add every possible money spinning extra, and had I not been there with her she would have just gone along with it. I eventually got up and walked out taking my daughter with me, she was absolutely mortified that I did it, but when she calmed down she did appreciate that the guy was totally taking the p..s. Peter Vardy sales tactics, been using them for years. Total shysters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes its a shame and I would have really liked my daughter to have handled this herself for the experience etc but I am sure that we may have been at least £1000 down on the deal before we started. I don't think that the sales guy likes me very much....

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well done, keep on their back until they remove it from the invoice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well thank you everyone for their valuable advice and here is my daughter's 2106 High Up! home on the drive. Its really lovely and feels a little better built and nippier than our other 2013 Move Up which my other daughter will now use. We are now a two Up family and I now have ideas about a GTI to buzz around in every day but I have been firmly told that two Ups are enough....

The sales process was well meaning but a little slow at times to communicate but we got there. During the handover the sales guy did speak to my daughter rather than me which was appropriate as its her car.

There are a few extra gizmos over our older and more basic Up so I might be back to ask for more advice.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Great, nice to hear you did the deal and got it home ok. !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you everyone for your advice and kind comments. My daughter is delighted with the car so much so I can't get a look in. It has been interesting to compare it to our 2013 Move Up and overall it seems to be an improvement. It is better specced being a High Up but it feels more refined and better built. I know many have said that there isn't really a tangible performance difference but I think or at least I think I think there is.

The jury is still out on the newer satnav system and I know this has been well covered in this forum!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure about about quality difference from year to year but my new GTi is definitely better built and more refined than my 2019 seat mii fr line was ??

21 - 34 of 34 Posts