Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously thinking about adding this to my list of goodies I've ordered with my Up!. Do you guys think its worth the money? the rear sensor would really benefit my other half (he aint so good at parking) and the cruise control would be ideal when on my long journey up north to visit my mum. thoughts??

Also, does anyone know the cut off time for adding things on to my car?!?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've got cruise control now and find I hardly use it in this country. Roads are too full I think!It did come in useful when I've drove through France and Spain.

I use parking sensors all the time but since the UP! is a lot smaller than my current car I'm debating about whether I'll need it or not.... would be useful to know the visibility out of the back.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I reckon compared to the other packs this one seems pretty expensive, and parking sensors on something this small seem a bit silly....unless you are useless at parking ;P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speaking of the Sensor pack, does anyone know what the multifunction computer is exactly, compared to the standard display below the speedo? Does it display MPG, service intervals etc.?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats kinda what I was thinking, it really wont be for me, would be for my partner, he is pretty rubbish when it comes to reverse parking!

I was also curious about the multifunctional computer!!!! might need to ask the salesman at my dealer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Save the money and buy your partner some spatial awareness classes ;) I thought the multifunction computer was displayed via the satnav and showed all the normal things like mpg etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the multifunction computer was displayed via "Maps and More" than surely they would:

a) Say anywhere in the marketing material that Maps and More was required for the multifunction computer.
b) Say anywhere in the marketing material that Maps and More needs the sensor pack to display MPG etc. The only thing mentioned which ties the two together is the visual reversing indicator.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well watch a video of maps and more and you clearly see that it contains a screen with multifunction computer that details al the usual stuff. So i imagine if u don't opt for this then its displayed between the speedo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I know Maps and More has it's own "multifunction computer", but as far as I can tell, it doesn't require the Sensor Pack to work (that's what I was trying to say, just not worded very well). If the Sensor Pack's multifunction computer does display below the speedo without the Maps and More that's cool to know.
Edited by: blizzblizz

·
Registered
29 Posts
As Blizzblizz says the maps and more is seperate. The MFC is on the dash under the speedo. My Mum and Dad have just got a new car range topping Skoda Fabia it has Parking sensers that are excelent it gives you eyes in the back of your head they don't have a sat nave buit in so the radio screen changes to a pic of a car when you put it in to reverse, it shows how far away from things you are.
Cruse controle is easy to use no hassel and would make any average speed camara aria a dodle, long jurneys are made much easyer than keep in your foot on the accelerater.
The multifunction computer is very good it desplays MPG, Range, Average speed and much more.
I think the pack is good and will serve the average motorist better than the chrome pack or even the winter pack. If I could I would take out the winter pack and have this one.

Hopefully the cars will arrive at the dealerships so people can see then and drive them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, definitely more useful than the Winter Pack IMO. I remember getting a lift in my neighbour's BMW and all heated seats ended up doing was make my back sweaty. Not to mention heated seats weigh a lot more than regular seats, which would blunt how the car feels to drive.

Still deciding whether or not to get it, which is why it would be nice to see a picture or something of how it looks if it really is below the speedo. All the German ups I've seen with their equivalent of the Sensor Pack don't seem to have a different screen below the speedo, so I'm intrigued to see how it fits all this information in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<!-->

I have to disagree with you on the subject of heated seats.

I have owned two vehicles with heated seats, one a VW and the
other a Volvo. Heated seats need to be
used with some thought. Put them on full
and they will be uncomfortable after a while but used thoughtfully they make both
short and long winter journeys much, much more pleasant. They allow you to have the heating at a
slightly lower level which helps to avoid that mildly baked feeling you can end
up with if a car is too warm. I would
see heated seats as a definite add on whereas parking sensors come much lower
down on my list of priorities.

As for weight; I don't see how a bit of extra wiring and
insulation will add more than a few kilos so I wouldn't let that put you off.

PS ""“ apparently heated seats make 2<sup>nd</sup> hand cars
more desirable so should help at trade in time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe its just me but I dont really understand the need for parking sensors - this car could park on a stamp and still have room!! As for heated seats I cant wait to get mine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts