Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's picking up their Up! on September 1st or on the new plate?

Picking up my Move Up! in white on the 1st, can't wait!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, As I'm probably gonna order one soon, and the delivery time is about 1½-2 months here, I can fairly assume that mine is gonna get the 2014 plate aswell :p
Gonna go for an Move Up aswell!

·
Registered
705 Posts
THe 2014 plate will be here in March 2014. Are you intending to wait that long? Or would a 63 do very nicely in the meantime?

Nick

·
Registered
226 Posts
Blackpuppy said:
Well, I did hear from my dealer that mine would be a 2014 model, even though I would get it late September..?
Maybe the dealer means it'll be a 2014 model up, but with a 63 plate? The new year model always seems to arrive early.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hannah2 said:
I met my Up last week at the garage!

I don't think I've actually seen a silver up before, but I think it looks good. Bet you can't wait until September!

·
Registered
583 Posts
That looks like Dark Silver / Tungsten - is that right ?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm sure you will both be very pleased with your Up's when you get them.
Don't forget to let us all know what you think of them !

·
Registered
226 Posts
Blackpuppy said:
I guess that 63 plate is some special english thing.
Yep. Every 6 months we have a new age identifier on the number plates. 63 means the car was registered between September 2013 and March 2014, therefore people want the new plate to show they have a brand new car.

This site explains the system better than I could. http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/how-does-the-uk-number-plate-system-work/Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
79 Posts
Blackpuppy said:

Yes. The number in the registration is the last two digits of the year for first-half of the year registrations and the last two digits plus 50 for second-half registrations. Although, confusingly, the first half of the year doesn't start until March and the second half starts in September.

I guess those people replying to you didn't spot that you're located in Denmark.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blackpuppy said:
Not quite Blackpuppy! The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland so believe it or not, we aren't all English!!

Apologies if my explanation isn't 100% correct but the pedants will get the idea. I don't think that Northern Ireland has the same registration system as the rest of us.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm picking my Move up on the 1st of September. Just sorted the free insurance out this morning, so the car can be sorted in time...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've always found it funny how British people are so conscious about if they are from Scotland, Wales etc and someone calls them English :) I think to most of the outside world, the people of Great Britain are mostly called English, and that's with no disrespect to anyone.

To all the new 63-plate owners, enjoy your new cars!!
Edited by: ZillUp

1 - 20 of 25 Posts