Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Just looking for some guidance as my serpentine/fan/drive belt (a dictionary of names... the one that drives the alternator and aircon) is slipping and I am looking at buying a new one.

I am aware that there are certain belts for functions which other cars do or don't have - my car has air conditioning, and does not have the stop/start function.

Watching this video seems to show that there are different belts for each type, and I need a 1000mm belt assuming it is the same spec as my car.

After looking on one site in particular, I was ready to pay £8 for a belt until postage was £11 which didn't really please me, so please let me know if there is anywhere cheaper that I can reliably get a new belt.

Alternatively if it's the reality that I spend £20+ on rubber with teeth I will have to face the music.

Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Custard,
ETKA is its usual (not-so) helpful self, giving 2 different part numbers for this belt ('poly V-belt') on 2012 cars with AC (no mention of start/stop):
The first one, #04E145933A (1000mm long), seems to be for the 60 & 75ps models (and a whole host of non-Up! models) according to this site:
while the second one, #04C260849E (989mm long), seems to be for the 75ps model only:
I cannot find anything else in the workshop manual to help distinguish the two options, although I would have thought the odds are pointing towards the 1000mm option. If it stops raining for more than 5 minutes I will pop out and see if there's anything helpful printed on mine...

Reactions: upsetcustard

·
Registered
364 Posts
Right, good thing I checked. My belt is an OEM one with the part code printed multiple times along its length - and as you can see from the following it ends in '849E' - i.e., it's the 989mm version:

Mine is a 60ps model, with AC and is non-start/stop. As for the video you found, I remember from his battery test video (here) that he has a start/stop car, so I can only guess that's the explanation for the longer belt length.

Reactions: upsetcustard
1 - 3 of 3 Posts